Here are 27 facts about the prophet Muhammad -PBUH-:
1. He was a descendant of the Prophet Ismail the son of Prophet Ibrahim. -PBUT-
2. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born in Mecca.
3. The year was 570 A.D.
4. Shortly after his birth his mother died.
5. His father was already dead before his birth. So he became orphan.
6. During this time his uncle Aboo Talib and his grand father Abdul-mutlib took care of him.
7. At the age of nine he started going on trade trips along with his uncle.
8. He met with people of different nations and religions during those trips.
9. His character was respected by all. People throughout Medina including the Jews gave him the name of “The Trustworthy.”
10. When he got 25, he got a proposal from Khadija for marriage which he accepted and thus they got married. Khadija was 40 years of age at the time of marriage.
11. For the first 54 years of his life he had only one wife. His only wife till 50th year of his life was Sayyida Khadija.
12. They had sons but they died in their childhood.
13. He never ate alone. He invited others and then ate with them.
14. He encouraged the washing of hands before and after eating food.
15. He regularly visited the poor and ill.
16. Upon visiting a person, he used to greet them and then take their permission
before entering the house and encourage others to do the same as a mark of respect.
17. He used to mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor as well as do the household shopping during his married life.
18. As people of Mecca at that time were involved in many sinful activities, like they killed their daughters, did drinking, rape, and killing of innocent people, Prophet Muhammad did not admire those activities at all and to have solitude and peace he went to cave Hira.
19. Once when he was in the cave Hira he saw Angel Gabriel there. The angel said to him « read in the name of Allah », Prophet Muhammad replied that I can neither read nor write I am an illiterate.
20. After Angel Gabriel came again with revelations, he started preaching Islam to people.
21. He used to preach to people, but avoided preaching to excess to avoid annoying people.
22. He sent letters to Kings and leaders beyond Arabia inviting them to Islam.
23. Pagans and Non-Muslims did harm to Prophet Muhammad PBUH and other Muslims by different means but Prophet Muhammad had patience and
24. His Prophethood lasted for a long period of 23 years, during which he received Revelations from Allah.
25. He never proclaimed himself as anyone or anything Divine.
26. His name is now one of the most popular names in the world.
27. After 23 years of Prophet-hood Muhammad (p.b.u.h) died